Want to use your fundraising experience and skills to make a difference in the lives of teen girls in Los Angeles County? Do you have a commitment to gender equity and racial justice? Are you a go getter who is skilled in building relationships and has a track record of successful fundraising? Want the opportunity to shine and advance into a senior role quickly? Do you thrive in high energy, collaborative, and supportive work environments where you are encouraged to embrace the “art of the possible?” This just may be the job for you!
EmpowHer Institute is seeking a full-time Development Manager. In this small and emerging organization, the Development Manager will support fundraising efforts as EmpowHer continues to grow. He/She/They will be responsible for executing the development plan, developing relationships with key public and private funding stakeholders, writing grant proposals, and donor cultivation.
The Development Manager will report to and work in partnership with the Executive Director (ED) to meet the organization’s aggressive 3-year fundraising goals (FY 2021- $600K, FY 2022- $1M, FY 2023- $1.5M).
- Develop and execute EmpowHer’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from public and private resources, including individuals, foundations corporations, etc
- Manage the DonorPerfect CRM and manage the AmeriCorps VISTA who is responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and corporate sponsors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Support Events Producer in acquiring sponsorships for annual events
- Write foundation and corporate grant proposals
- Develop and track grant proposals and reports through GrantHub software system
- 5+ years of experience in fund development
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills
- 3+ years of experience in grantwriting
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Comfortable speaking publicly with large and small groups
- Knowledge of donor CRM systems (DonorPerfect preferred)
- Must pass LiveScan criminal background check facilitated by the LA County Department of Probation
- Must submit negative TB test results
- Must be collaborative, creative, and a determined go getter who is unafraid to ask for money and does not get knocked down by the answer “no”
The ideal candidate is one who is committed to the mission and vision of EmpowHer Institute, has a dynamic personality, is creative, is comfortable around diverse stakeholders, believes in collaboration, and has excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Full-time Exempt: $65,000 starting salary, depending on experience
- Benefits include paid holidays and vacation, Simple IRA with employer match, medical, dental, vision, and a range of professional development opportunities
- Flexible schedule and remote work from home schedule offered
- EmpowHer Institute® is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How to Apply:
- Submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample of a previously written grant proposal (no more than 3 pages) to Dawn L Brown, Executive Director at email@example.com, Subject: DEVELOPMENT MANAGER. Applications without cover letter, resume, and writing sample will not be considered.
This position is currently remote until EmpowHer returns to in-person programming. At that time, there is flexibility for the role to continue working remotely when not scheduled for in-person meetings.
EmpowHer Institute is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. EmpowHer Institute will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ individuals encouraged to apply.